Bessie Women's Vintage Aviator Boots (Tan)
Onward to adventure in the stunning reproduction Bessie Vintage Aviator Boots! These beautiful all-leather boots are carefully recreated from two pairs of original 1930s women's sporting boots right down to the nifty side pocket.
We've named these vintage reproduction boots after Bessie Coleman, the first Black and Indigenous American woman to hold a pilot's license. Bessie traveled to France in 1920, learning to fly a Nieuport 564 biplane, and earning her aviation license from the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale. Returning to the USA, she became an acclaimed daredevil pilot in airshows, earning the nicknames "Queen Bess" and "Brave Bessie," and inspiring generations of Black and Indigenous women in aviation to this day.
Bessie Boots are perfect for adventures from the Great War period through the 1920s, 30s, 40s, and 50s. This style of boot was popular and well-loved. Wear them for numerous cosplays, Land Girl, motorcycling, and aviator costumes, for riding, working, and hiking, with breeches or skirts, historic or modern.
As a lace-up boot, Bessies are very adjustable for a wide variety of ankle and calf measurements. The top of the Bessie boots do reach the calf muscle, and we've designed this area to be particularly adjustable for a broad range.
Based on a size 7.5 (Measurements scale a little bigger or smaller based on size)
Calf Size Range - 14 - 19.5 in / 35.6 - 49.5 cm
Ankle circumference - 8.5 - 14 in / 21.6 - 35.5 cm
Boot height (does not include heel) - 12.5 in / 31.7 cm
Materials & Sizing
- High grade 100% leather uppers
- 100% leather sole and rubber heel lift
- Leather collar cotton twill canvas lining
- 5 in / 12.7 cm cm wide tongue with lace keeper loop
- Speed hooks for quick lacing
- Right-side calf pocket fits business and credit cards
- Comes with two lengths of boot laces
- "B" width (average) with a relax fit and wide toe box
- Runs true to size for most customers.
- Order a half-size larger for wide-width feet, or if you prefer your shoes to fit more loosely, or intend to wear with thicker stockings.