Cavendish 18th Century Shoe Buckles (Silver)
Cavendish 18th C. Shoe Buckles in antique silver are an excellent, historically accurate way to keep your latchet shoes closed.
Developed directly from an original pair of Georgian shoe buckles, these aged silver accessories give an authentic look to your middle class 18th century impression.
Cavendish buckles, named for Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire, are also available in antique gold.
- Cavendish 18th Century Shoe Buckles are solid cast, nickel-plated white brass that won't bend or break
- Authentic, elegant, and understated design
- Chape and Tongue are functional - see our guide to fitting shoe buckles here.
- Domed design curves with the top of your shoes
- Cavendish 18th Century Shoe Buckles measure approximately 2.4" x 1.8" exterior dimension, and fit a 1"-1 1/4" width latchet (depending on the stiffness of the latchet material)
- Cavendish 18th Century Shoe Buckles are interchangeable with other Cavendish styles.
- Made and sold exclusively by American Duchess.
*Shoe buckles are sold in pairs, above price is for one pair.
Need help fitting 18th century buckles?
Check out our nifty guide on How to Fit Shoe Buckles, or watch the video below: