Keckley Victorian Side-Lace Boots are the go-to footwear choice for ladies of the 1820s through the 1860s.
We've named these versatile and attractive Victorian boots for Elizabeth Hobbs Keckley, dressmaker and friend to Mary Todd Lincoln. Enslaved until she was 37, Keckley bought her freedom in 1855 and went on to become a successful and influential seamstress, author, and civil activist.
PRE-ORDER. Estimated Delivery Date - June 2022. Pre-order shoes are not yet in stock and will begin shipping after they arrive in June 2022, along with anything else in your order. See our pre-order schedules page for more information on delivery dates.
This popular style of Victorian ankle boot is made of a refined yet sturdy cotton sateen upper foxed with smooth calf leather on the toes and heels. The side-lace closure, unique to this period, makes it easy to get your boots on and adjusted just as you like. Wear Keckley Victorian boots for both day and evening dress, outdoor or indoor events, or with modern outfits for a secret nod to the past.
Materials & Sizing
- Hand sewn cotton sateen and 100% calf leather upper
- Soles are 100% leather
- Lined in cotton with leather insoles
- Shaft measures 4.25 in / 10.5 cm.
- Keckleys do not have toe boxes - this is historically correct construction, but ladies desiring a little more room in the toes should order a half-size larger.
- Left and Right lasted.
- B width - ladies needing a "C" width fitting should order a half-size larger.